Recipe by missy_ertons
I made this up when I had some left over cheese dip. It is quick and cheap to make. Great for a family dinner or parties. I used to make for kids school parties. They would always ask me to make them.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (4 lb) box Velveeta cheese (diced into cubes)
- 1 lb hamburger or 1 lb turkey meat
- 1 (16 ounce) package tortillas (20 count)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon season salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In frying pan add hamburger or turkey meat 1 medium onion diced, salt, pepper, tony chacheres seasoning. Cook meat and drain. Set aside.
- Cheese dip.
- In large teflon pan melt butter and saute onions and green chilis. Add evaporated milk (do not add water), cream of celery and let simmer; stirring constantly. Slowly add in cubed cheese stirring constantly until all cheese is melted. Add hamburger or turkey meat let cook for about 5 minutes.
- When making tortillas remember to save some cheese dip to drizzle over top of burritos.
- Take a baking dish and spray with pam then take a tortilla then fill with meat and cheese mixture. Roll and set in pan until you have about a 1/2 -3/4 cup of cheese/meat mixture left. Then drizzle the remaining cheese over the burritos. Cook in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.