Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cheese dip that is almost as good as you get in restaurants. This was given to me by a family member. Everyone loves it. It does not take long and is great for parties and special events.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) canof chopped green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 lb) box Velveeta cheese (cut into cubes)
- In large teflon pan melt butter and saute diced onion and green chilis. Keep on low heat so you do not burn. Add evaporated milk (do not add water), cream of mushroom and let simmer, stirring constantly. Slowly add the cubed cheese and stir while it melts.
- Serve hot with chips.