Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
It is always nice to keep containers of cooked chicken in the freezer. That way you can be prepared for those "spur of the moment - drop ins". The cooking does not include cooking the chicken. Note: You may add 1 cup of shredded cheese of your choice to the chicken mixture, if desired.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups chicken, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) jar mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls
- 3⁄4 cup crouton
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make sauce of soup, thinned to desired consistency with milk.
- Blend cream cheese and 4 tablespoons margarine until smooth.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, pimentos, milk, salt, pepper and onion.
- Mix well.
- Separate rolls into 8 rectangles (not 16) and firmly press perforations to seal.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into center of each rectangle.
- Pull the 4 corners of dough to top center of filling.
- Twist firmly together then pinch seams to seal.
- Place square on two ungreased cookie sheets or one large.
- Brush each one with remaining margarine.
- Sprinkle with crushed crouton crumbs.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Warm the cream soup sauce, and serve over the top.