Recipe by sherryinmo
It is always nice to keep containers of cooked chicken in the freezer. That way you can be prepared for those "spur of the moment - drop ins". The cooking does not include cooking the chicken. Note: You may add 1 cup of shredded cheese of your choice to the chicken mixture, if desired.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups chicken, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) jar mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls
- 3⁄4 cup crouton
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make sauce of soup, thinned to desired consistency with milk.
- Blend cream cheese and 4 tablespoons margarine until smooth.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, pimentos, milk, salt, pepper and onion.
- Mix well.
- Separate rolls into 8 rectangles (not 16) and firmly press perforations to seal.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into center of each rectangle.
- Pull the 4 corners of dough to top center of filling.
- Twist firmly together then pinch seams to seal.
- Place square on two ungreased cookie sheets or one large.
- Brush each one with remaining margarine.
- Sprinkle with crushed crouton crumbs.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Warm the cream soup sauce, and serve over the top.