Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found online; sounds unique and tastey! Directions are for cooking them on the stove top, but they would be great grilled too.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices swiss cheese (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix the ground beef, onion powder, honey mustard, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Shape into 4 patties
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the burgers, turning occasionally, to desired temperature, 15 to 20 minutes for well done.
- Top each patty with a slice of Swiss cheese shortly before removing from the skillet; serve on hamburger buns.
These burgers were pretty good. I think there was too much brown sugar, next time I'll make it without quite so much. It was definitely burgers!
Another recipe I cut in half for just the 2 of us, but another time I'd be happy to make enough of these for a party! Loved the unusual taste ~ Don't think I've ever had garlic or red pepper flakes or brown sugar in a burger before, but will be making these again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
Me and my son loved the sweet taste of the brown sugar in the burgers. But DH didn't. I omitted the red pepper flakes because of my son. Thanks AZPARZYCH :) Made for 123 hit wonders