Recipe by MissNathalie
I've always been looking for the bbq sauce recipe that's right for me. After browsing through several, trying a few and experimenting some, this is what I come up with - sweet, tangy, and a bit spicy. I like to use it when I'm making a slow cooker Pot Roast.
- 1 1⁄3 cups Heinz ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup water (more or less depending on thickness)
- 3 garlic cloves (or more, as you wish!)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 2⁄3 cup maple sugar or 2⁄3 cup white sugar or 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes if you are using it for basting or as a dipping sauce with chopped or shredded beef, chicken or pork.
- To use in a slow cooker recipe, simply pour over your meat; while being heated the flavor will blend well throughout the meat.