Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oxmoor 1984. Applesauce. OAMC.
Make and share this Mississippi Spice Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) jar unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- sifted powdered sugar
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in applesauce and spices, mixing well.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt; add to applesauce mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Spoon batter into greased miniature muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove muffins from pans while still warm; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
- Note: Batter will keep in refrigerator 1 week.