Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Are you ready for your home to smell wonderful and to have a really tasty breakfast as well? These muffins are really good and leave your house smelling so good! These muffins freeze really well too.
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- powdered sugar
- Cream butter flavored crisco& sugar; add eggs one at a time and mix.
- Mix in applesauce& spices.
- Stir in dry ingredients, mix well.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes in a greased mini muffin pan.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar.
We liked these a lot. I made one batch because I just didn't have enough time. I will definitely make these again.
These were super easy to make and made a TON! They were absolutely delicious and I portioned them out to give to my children instead of those store bought mini muffins...they absolutely loved them! I actually made a double recipe and gave them out as gifts as well.
Tasty, tasty! I followed the recipe exactly and was quite pleased with the results- glad it makes so many too. I did bake the muffins for the full ten minutes, and allowing them to cool in the pan for five minutes seems to be an important step. Next time I make these I will try to sub half brown sugar for the 2 cups sugar and see how that turns out.