Recipe by Shirley King
This is a very good "party" dip. Serve hot with chips of your choice.
Top Review by Elizabeth Fullerton
I made this twice this weekend. The first time as is, and the second time I added about four shakes of chipotle hot sauce to it. It was great both ways. The only difficulty I had was that one hour in the oven was a little much for the bread. The second time I made it, I ended up cooking it in a dish and then transferring it to the bread after it had cooked. I only had to cook it for thirty minutes that way, too. Good recipe and it was easy to make!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 can chopped green chili
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ham lunch meat
- 1 round loaf Italian bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese and sour cream with mixer until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well.
- Cut top off bread loaf and hollow out the center.
- Put mixture in the bread and put the top back on. (If you don't want to do the "bread thing" I have also put the ingredients in the crockpot on high till all cheese melts, stirring once or twice, then lowering the temp to low or warm settings to serve.)
- Wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.