Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Make certain to drizzle the chocolate glaze over the cake when it is still warm, pecans may be used in place of walnuts. This is only optional but you may also sprinkle nuts *over* the top of the cake before drizzling with the glaze:)
- 1 cup melted butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pinch baking powder (use only a small pinch about half of 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsley chopped walnuts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream (or use milk)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- For the cake; in a large bowl whisk melted butter with sugar, 1/2 baking cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla and pinch baking powder; beat until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and mix until combined.
- Mix in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until cake tests done.
- While the cake is baking prepare the chocolate glaze; in a bowl beat all glaze ingredients together until smooth.
- Remove cake from oven and sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the top of the hot cake.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes more.
- At this point you may sprinkle nuts over the top of the cake if desired but this is only optional.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the warm cake (do not cover the marshmallows completely with the glaze leave some marshmallows showing).
- Cool completely.