Mississippi Mud Pie with Caramel Candy
- Combine crust ingredients and press gently into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Microwave on Medium-high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- For Filling: Soften ice cream for 1 minute on Low or until it can be spooned into crumb crust. Freeze until ice cream is once again solid.
- Place caramels in 1 tablespoon milk in 1 cup measure. Microwave, uncovered, on High for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir until smooth and completely melted.
- Pour over frozen ice cream and return to freezer.
- Place butter, 1/4 cup milk and sugar in bowl and microwave on High 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Stir well.
- Boil an additional 2 1/2 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Add chocolate chips and beat until mixture just starts to thicken.
- Pour over ice cream and return to freezer until 1/2 hour before serving.
- One-half hour before serving, place pie in refrigerator to defrost slightly.