Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts (optional)
- Melt margarine and cocoa.
- Add sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat eggs inches.
- Add flour and nuts.
- Bake in 9 x 13-inch pan at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While hot spread on 1 jar marshmallow cream and then icing.
- Icing: 1/2 cup melted margarine 1/2 cup cocoa 1 box powdered sugar 1/3 cup milk 1 teaspoons.
- vanilla Swirl with scraper to look like mud.
- MISSISSIPPI MUD CAKE 4 eggs 1 cup butter 2 cup sugar 1 teaspoons vanilla 1 1/2 cup flour 1/4 cup cocoa dash of salt 1 cup chopped walnuts 1 jar marshmallow cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl.
- Add flour, cocoa and salt. Beat just until well blended.
- Fold in walnuts; spread batter evenly into 9 x 13-inch pa n.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- After baking, immediately place drops of marshmallow cream onto cake and let cool on rack.
- Spread until smooth; let cool on wire rack before frosting.
- Frosting For Mississippi Mud Cake: 1/3 cup butter 1/2 cup cocoa 1/3 cup milk 1 teaspoons vanilla 2 1/2 cup confectioners sugar.
- Combine all ingredients; mix until light and fluffy.
- Frost cake and chill.