Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy and decadant. Truly for those of us who like it simple and CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!
Make and share this Mississippi Mud Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Mix cookies and butter together and set aside 1 TBS for topping.
- Press mixture in the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Scoop ice cream into balls and place in crust.
- Smooth the top of the ice cream.
- Sprinkle the surface with the remaining crumbs.
- Place pie in freezer.
- In small bowl with mixer, beat 1/2 cup of the cream until stiff peaks form.
- If desired pipe the whipped cream in decorative swirls around the edge of the pie or using two spoons, make rounded dollops around the edge and in the center.
- Return to freezer and freeze at least 20 minutes before serving.
- In small saucepan, combine chips and other 1/2 cup cream and cinnamon.
- Cook over moderated heat, stirring constantly until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Pour into a small pitcher.
- cut pie ito wedges and pass the chocolate sauce to serve.
This was a hit with my family! I made it for my cake-hating daughter's birthday and she (and everyone else) gave it a huge thumbs up! I made this exactly the way Laurie wrote it except that I used chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream - my daughter's favorite. Wonderful! Daughter Laura says "Ice Cream Pie RULES" Thanks Laurie!