Recipe by B & B Adams
Mississippi Mud Pie
Top Review by 2003burns
Old family recipe. The one family member that used to make it wouldn't ever give it out after family breakup! Thank you so much after a few years without it we have our traditional dessert again!!! The only thing we do different is seperate the pudding layers! Relish!!! Thank you
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups nuts, chopped
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 5 1⁄2 cups milk
- chocolate, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix margarine, flour and nuts; pat into a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes until lightly browned.
- First Layer:
- Mix confectioners sugar, Cool Whip, and cream cheese until smooth.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Second Layer:
- Beat instant chocolate pudding, instant vanilla pudding, and milk until thickened.
- Careful spread over first layer.
- Cool until set in refrigerator.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle shaved Chocolate on top for decoration.
- Refrigerate or freeze for up to two months.