Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mississippi Mud Pie
Make and share this Mississippi Mud Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups nuts, chopped
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 5 1⁄2 cups milk
- chocolate, shaved
- Mix margarine, flour and nuts; pat into a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes until lightly browned.
- First Layer:
- Mix confectioners sugar, Cool Whip, and cream cheese until smooth.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Second Layer:
- Beat instant chocolate pudding, instant vanilla pudding, and milk until thickened.
- Careful spread over first layer.
- Cool until set in refrigerator.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle shaved Chocolate on top for decoration.
- Refrigerate or freeze for up to two months.
Old family recipe. The one family member that used to make it wouldn't ever give it out after family breakup! Thank you so much after a few years without it we have our traditional dessert again!!! The only thing we do different is seperate the pudding layers! Relish!!! Thank you
When I was a child, one of my girl friend's Mother used to make this. That is when I fell in love with Mississippi Mud Pie. Years later, I finally decided to attempt to make this. Again, I really love Mississippi Mud Pie, but this particular recipe was OK 4 me. Maybe I didn't thoroughly mix 2gether the flour and nut (for base crust). I found there were pieces that tasted more flour than nut. I think this is a lot of work....I guess if the craving strikes again, I may make this again.
My family makes thi sat Thanksgiving except not with the vanilla pudding. The only problem is it tastes so light its easy to overeat.