Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Ambrosia" (Mary Frances Dent Terry). This is a cookbook from Vicksburg, MS. This is a great dessert dish!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 0.5 (8 1/2 ounce) package chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or 1 quart coffee ice cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups fudge sauce, chilled
- whipped cream
- chopped pecans (to garnish)
- chocolate curls (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat; add crushed wafers and toss in butter to coat.
- Press crumb mixture in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Spoon softened ice cream onto crust.
- Freeze until firm.
- Top with cold fudge sauce.
- Store in freezer 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove from freezer and allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, top with whipped cream, pecans, and chocolate curls.