Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy, great presentation and tastes good too! Adapted from Southern Living magazine.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- chocolate frosting
- Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until toasted.
- Microwave 1 cup butter and semisweet chocolate in a large microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Whisk sugar and next 5 ingredients into chocolate mixture. Spoon batter evenly into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until puffed. Sprinkle evenly with 2 cups miniature marshmallows, and bake 5 more minutes or until golden. Remove from oven, and cool cupcakes in muffin pans 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans, and place on wire rack. Drizzle warm cakes evenly with 1 1/4 cups Chocolate Frosting, and sprinkle with toasted pecans. Reserve remaining 3/4 cup frosting for another use.
- Note: To serve remaining Chocolate Frosting over pound cake or ice cream, microwave reserved 3/4 cup Chocolate Frosting in a medium-size microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 15 seconds or until warm.
I thought these were very good, with a ton of fudge flavor like a brownie and the added taste of toasted marshmallows and toasted pecans. I just felt these came out a little crispy and dry toward the edges, and that cooking them for a slightly shorter time might benefit. Thanks for posting!!!
These dynamite little chocolate cakes need to come with a warning label!! Once you start eating one, you won't be able to control yourself! I made as directed and used recipe #89207 (and thinned a little) for the topping. I tasted the first one still warm and my eyes simply rolled back in delight! If you love chocolate, these cupcakes are a real treat! Thanks again, Sharon!