1/2 Photos of Mississippi Mud Cupcakes
Easy, great presentation and tastes good too! Adapted from Southern Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 2Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until toasted.
- 3Microwave 1 cup butter and semisweet chocolate in a large microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 4Whisk sugar and next 5 ingredients into chocolate mixture. Spoon batter evenly into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- 5Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until puffed. Sprinkle evenly with 2 cups miniature marshmallows, and bake 5 more minutes or until golden. Remove from oven, and cool cupcakes in muffin pans 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans, and place on wire rack. Drizzle warm cakes evenly with 1 1/4 cups Chocolate Frosting, and sprinkle with toasted pecans. Reserve remaining 3/4 cup frosting for another use.
- 6Note: To serve remaining Chocolate Frosting over pound cake or ice cream, microwave reserved 3/4 cup Chocolate Frosting in a medium-size microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 15 seconds or until warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mississippi Mud Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.6
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.1 mg
- Sodium 262.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g