from this weeks paper, another use for bourbon.
Make and share this Mississippi Mud Cake recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 275.
- grease and flour a 9x4 loaf pan.
- mix coffee, butter, chocolate in a bowl and microwave until chocolate is melted 1-2 minutes.
- beat the egg.
- stir in bourbon and vanilla.
- add to chocolate mixture, stirring.
- in a medium bowl sift flour, sugar, baking soda, salt.
- beat into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- stir in pecans and raisins.
- pour into loaf pan.
- bake 45-55 minutes.
- remove and cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- remove from pan and cool completely.
- serve with whipped cream.
This is sooo good!! It's tender, slightly fudgy, sweet but not overly so - I imagine this would be wonderful with a scoop of vanilla/coffee ice cream. I halved the recipe, and baked in a small loaf pan, baking time was 40mins at 150°C. I emailed chia about the temp, not quite sure if it's really so low. She confirmed it; definitely bake it at low temp for a longer time - the cake was moist and yummy! And the recipe couldn't be easier - I just stir everything by hand! edited to add - I omitted the nuts. It's still very, very good.