I've had this recipe ever since I was a teenager, making it in Home Ec class. I love anything with chocolate and this is an awesome cake, very yummy to make. Very rich cake but very good. Good for potlucks or family dinners too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 lb butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts (your choice, i use pecans but walnuts would work fine too)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1For Cake:
- 2Combine sugar with melted butter.
- 3Beat until will mixed.
- 4Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Sift flour with baking powder and cocoa.
- 6Stir into butter and sugar mixture; blend well.
- 7Stir in coconut, nuts and vanilla; mix well.
- 8Put in greased 13x9 baking pan; bake at 350 degrees.for 30-45 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 9Cover top of cake with marshmallow creme while cake is still hot; Set aside.
- 10For Frosting:.
- 11Combine sugar and cocoa with melted margarine.
- 12Beat until well blended.
- 13Add milk 1 Tablespoon at a time, until icing reaches desired consistency.
- 14Add vaniila and mix well.
- 15Spread frosting onto cooled cake; garnish with nuts and coconut.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mississippi Mud Cake
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1539.0
- Calories from Fat 657
- Total Fat 73.0 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 224.4 mg
- Sodium 813.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 216.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 167.5 g
- Protein 16.0 g