Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Melt in your mouth, dreamy, creamy, and sinful... one of my favorite recipes!! I obtained this from Southern Living's "Our Reader's Top Rated Recipes". I recently took this to a Pot Luck BBQ and it was cleaned out really fast!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
chocolate frosting recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- NOTE: you can also substitute 2 19 . 5 oz packages of brownie mix and follow the package instructions and then add the pecans. from scratch is much more delectable!
- Whisk together melted butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in flour and chopped pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and top warm cake with marshmallows.
- Return to oven and bake 5 more minutes.
- Drizzle Chocolate Frosting over warm cake. Cool completely.
- Chocolate Frosting Recipe:.
- Beat all ingredients together at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. You may have to add milk to obtain your desired consistency.