Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From my recipe notebook of yet to be tried recipes.
- 1 3⁄4 cups strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 5 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Place coffee and rum in a sauce opan and heat to a simmer.
- Add chocolate and butter.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until both are melted.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Gradually beat in sugar until mixture is thick.
- Beat in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and satt.
- Beat into chocolate mixture.
- Turn batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 275°F for 1 1/2 hours, or until cake tests done.