Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe on the Duncan Hines web site. My family loved them. I only used half the chocolate icing as the recipe called for. Cook time includes cooling time.
- 595.33 g packageduncan hines family style chewy fudge brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- 78.07 ml water
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 198.44 g jar marshmallow cream
- 295.73 ml duncan hines creamy home-style milk chocolate frosting
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease bottom of 13x9-inch pan.
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl.
- Stir with spoon until well blended, about 50 strokes.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for 27 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Spread marshmallow cream gently over hot brownies.
- Place frosting in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high power for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour frosing over marshmallow cream.
- Swirl with knife to marbleize.
- You can either cook the pecans in the brownies or sprinkle them on top.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
- Makes 20 to 24 brownies.
I made these over the weekend and they are very yummy, but super sweet. I even omitted the chocolate frosting and swirled in some melted chocolate chips instead and it was still so sweet. I could only eat one at a time, but that's not such a bad thing!
I made these for a pot luck and everyone said they tasted good. Some people absolutely loved them, and others said they were good but too sweet. I thought they were good but too sweet for my taste. I will definately make them again for potlucks. People who enjoy desserts that are very sweet really love these brownies. Thanks for posting this recipe.
this is a real crowd pleaser! it only lasted a couple of hours at my house. i cooked it as dessert for Sunday dinner. i used pecans, use them liberally if you like them. that goes for whatever kinda nut you like.