1 hr 45 mins
"Take a chocolate brownie layer topped with marshmallows, toasted pecans and chocolate frosting. Sound like the great makings for a dessert? Well it is what makes these Mississippi Mud Bars"----realmomkitchen.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees,.
- 22. Place pecans on a baking sheet.
- 33. Place in a 350 degree oven for 4 minutes. Stir and bake another 4 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 44. In a microwave safe dish, microwave butter and chocolate chips in a large on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir and microwave another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- 55. Combine the chocolate mixture with the sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- 66. Pour batter into a greased or parchment lined 15- x 10- x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 77. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 88. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with miniature marshmallows; bake 4 to 6 minutes or until nice and puffy.
- 99. Remove from oven and sprinkle with pecans.
- 1010. In a sauce pan, combine the butter, cocoa, and milk until combined.
- 1111. Then cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened; remove from heat.
- 1212. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 1313. Place frosting in a quart sized freezer bag. Snip the corner with a pair of scissors and pipe over the bars.
- 1414. Cut into bars and enjoy. Makes 15 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mississippi Mud Bars
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.2
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.6 mg
- Sodium 289.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 57.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g