Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
"Take a chocolate brownie layer topped with marshmallows, toasted pecans and chocolate frosting. Sound like the great makings for a dessert? Well it is what makes these Mississippi Mud Bars"----realmomkitchen.com
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees,.
- 2. Place pecans on a baking sheet.
- 3. Place in a 350 degree oven for 4 minutes. Stir and bake another 4 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 4. In a microwave safe dish, microwave butter and chocolate chips in a large on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir and microwave another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- 5. Combine the chocolate mixture with the sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- 6. Pour batter into a greased or parchment lined 15- x 10- x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 7. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 8. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with miniature marshmallows; bake 4 to 6 minutes or until nice and puffy.
- 9. Remove from oven and sprinkle with pecans.
- 10. In a sauce pan, combine the butter, cocoa, and milk until combined.
- 11. Then cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened; remove from heat.
- 12. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 13. Place frosting in a quart sized freezer bag. Snip the corner with a pair of scissors and pipe over the bars.
- 14. Cut into bars and enjoy. Makes 15 bars.