Prep 4 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Chocoholics' dream! Recipe is from Bisquick. Preparation time includes several different cooling/chilling periods.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 5 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 9-inch square pan. In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter and 2 1/2 ounces of the chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently. Cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat chocolate mixture, Bisquick mix, granulated sugar, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 1 minute. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Cover; let stand about 5 minutes or until marshmallows soften. Uncover; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, melt remaining 2 1/2 ounces chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter; cool slightly. Stir in sour cream and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread over marshmallow layer. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Store in refrigerator.