Recipe by MamaMeg
My mother has been making this for holidays and special occasions as long as I can remember. I have never ran into another "Mississippi Mud" quite like this one. It is wonderful.
Top Review by buffaloroaddesign
THIS IS THE ONE! There are so many Mississippi Mud's on the site but most of them have a graham cracker crust. I don't care for it. This is the best crust with this desert. I couldn't find my old recipe but am happy to find yours with the same combination. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate pudding (not instant)
- Cool Whip
- chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer one.
- Combine all ingredients for layer one in a a large bowl.
- mix until crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish lightly greased.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Layer two:.
- In medium bowl beat together all ingredients for layer two.
- Working with a teaspoon and very little cream cheese mixture slowly spread it over layer one, careful not to pull up any of the first layer.
- Layer three:.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Let cool, once room temperature spread it over the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer four:.
- Top with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.