Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mother has been making this for holidays and special occasions as long as I can remember. I have never ran into another "Mississippi Mud" quite like this one. It is wonderful.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate pudding (not instant)
- Cool Whip
- chocolate shavings
- Layer one.
- Combine all ingredients for layer one in a a large bowl.
- mix until crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish lightly greased.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Layer two:.
- In medium bowl beat together all ingredients for layer two.
- Working with a teaspoon and very little cream cheese mixture slowly spread it over layer one, careful not to pull up any of the first layer.
- Layer three:.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Let cool, once room temperature spread it over the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer four:.
- Top with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
THIS IS THE ONE! There are so many Mississippi Mud's on the site but most of them have a graham cracker crust. I don't care for it. This is the best crust with this desert. I couldn't find my old recipe but am happy to find yours with the same combination. Thanks for sharing.