Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is the best! The kids will love it and Dad too! I make in the morning before I leave for work, so when I come in from work, I just pop in the oven.
- 5 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- salt & pepper
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups cheese crackers, crushed
- Dip chicken in melted margarine.
- Salt and pepper.
- Then coat with crushed cheese crackers.
- Place in baking dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in 300° oven for 1 or 1-1/4 hours.
- DO NOT uncover until cooking time is over.
- This is great to make ahead and refrigerate.
- Then all you have to do is put in oven before dinner.
- You can use whole chicken, cut up if you prefer.
This was interesting. Usually baked chicken with crumbs on it is supposed to be crunchy. These, cooked covered, are not crunchy but what a neat texture and taste for a change. Overall I prefer a crunchy texture but for a change of pace these were really good. Thank you Vicki!!
My husband absolutely loved this one. It's easy enough for him to make and healthy enough that I'll let him! The chicken comes out really moist. There is nothing worse than dry chicken.
Different. We liked the taste. I used cheese ritz crakers gave it a great flavor.