1/3 Photos of Mississippi Candied Yams
These are the best candied yams I have ever eaten!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, butter, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in small sauce pan and heat gently to boiling, stirring frequently.
- 2Set aside to cool slightly.
- 3Arrange sliced yams and lemon slices in large baking dish as one layer, or slightly overlapping.
- 4Pour syrup mixture over yams.
- 5Bake at 325:F. for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, basting thoroughly every 15-20 minutes with syrup from baking pan.
- 6Turn yams occasionally.
- 7When done, yams should be tender when pierced with point of sharp knife and syrup has been almost completely absorbed and thickened.
- 8This dish may be prepared early in the day, covered lightly and reheated in oven or microwave.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mississippi Candied Yams
Serving Size: 1 (1801 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3255.3
- Calories from Fat 857
- Total Fat 95.2 g
- Saturated Fat 59.1 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 720.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 599.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 61.9 g
- Sugars 212.2 g
- Protein 23.6 g