Recipe by pooknnook
I made this recipe up, I really just eyeball everything, so my measurements are approximate. But let me just tell you, I am asked to make this and bring it with me everywhere I go! Try it and you will see, it is very good and a huge hit! Experiment, that is one thing I have really learned here! If you don't have chives in the backyard, use some finely chopped onions, or perhaps some scallions or shallots. Wing it, change it up, fresh cilantro is hard to find in the winter so, use dried if you need to, but it is definately best with fresh. You can also edit the amount of chipotles you use as well, I have found 3 is pretty spicy for most, but it gets eaten, when I have used 4, noone can eat it! Trial and error!
- 3 chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, cut up
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, from can of chipotle's
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. cut up chipoltle's, I cut them in strips, it is easy to do without touching them!
- 2. add cilantro, chives, sour cream, mayo, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- 3. add lime juice, mix everything well
- let stand for at least an hour.
- serve with tortilla chips.