Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from Mission Street Foods in San Francisco, California.
- 1 large jicama
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons nam pla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb red jalapeno
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Slice the skin off of the jicama. Cut jicama into 1/4 inch slices, then 1/4 inch batons.
- In a large plastic bag, add lime juice, nam pla and sugar. Mix well and then add the jicama cubes.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or even better, overnight.
- Slice jalapenos into 1/8th thick coins. Add coins to a large storage container.
- Combine vinegar, water, and sugar in a small saute pan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over coins and allow to cool thoroughly. Refrigerate overnight.