Mission Street Marinated Jicama & Pickled Jalapeno
- Slice the skin off of the jicama. Cut jicama into 1/4 inch slices, then 1/4 inch batons.
- In a large plastic bag, add lime juice, nam pla and sugar. Mix well and then add the jicama cubes.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or even better, overnight.
- Slice jalapenos into 1/8th thick coins. Add coins to a large storage container.
- Combine vinegar, water, and sugar in a small saute pan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over coins and allow to cool thoroughly. Refrigerate overnight.