Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe takes a bit of time but is not that hard to do. You can make these ahead of time and do the last fry right before serving. You will never have a more crispy or moist chicken wing in your life. Do not sauce these wings but serve the sauce on the side. This recipe is from Mission Street Foods in San Francisco, California.
- Salt the chicken wings liberally and refrigerate overnight on a rack or in a large bowl.
- Fry the wings at 280 degrees F for 6 minutes.
- Freeze the wings on a large sheet pan for 2 hours.
- Par-fry the frozen wings again for 6 minutes at 280 degrees F. Freeze again for 2 hours or until ready to serve. Store frozen for no longer than one month.
- When ready to serve, fry the wings at 350-375 degrees F for about 5 minutes, or until crispy.