Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I went to make a pumpkin pie one day using the Libby's recipe, but when it came time to crack the eggs, I found that one of them had gone missing. I had no more eggs, so I figured I would substitute some flour to make the pie set properly. What came out was wonderful.... not so custard like, with more body and character. It's the only way I'll make pumpkin pie from now on. By the way..... I never did find that egg.....
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, milk, eggs, white sugar, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour and spices.
- Stir spice mixture into pumpkin mixture until everything is smooth and well blended.
- Pour into unbaked crusts. For this recipe, you could make two deep dish pies or three shallow pies.
- Bake at 425 degrees for ten minutes, then turn heat down to 350 degrees and bake an additional 40-50 minutes until done. Pie should not jiggle in the center when the pan is moved.
- Cool completely before serving.