Recipe by trish threets
This is a recipe that I took a chance with after having recipe block for a dinner party. I took the chance after seeing red snapper. I went to my fish market and there was no red snapper, but he gave me blue and it got rave reviews all night.
- blue snapper (head off)
- 1 cup holland house cooking wine
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 cup rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic heads
- mushroom (can be canned or fresh)
- season salt (LAWRY'S)
- onion powder
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 pinch thyme (for best results use grounded)
- lemon pepper seasoning
- cornbread (prepared, JIFFY'S will be fine)
- chicken liver
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- First clean your fish thoroughly with 1/2 of the fresh lemon.
- Next in a Fish baking dish open the fish and place fish on it's back.
- Pour cooking wine over the body of the fish add all of your seasonings except the parsley.
- In a skillet place shrimp chicken livers and onion finely chopped and garlic with butter saute for about three minutes.
- Prepare the cornbread as instructed on the box.
- Add your sautéed mixer inside the cornbread.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- After cornbread is done, crumble the cornbread with a spoon.
- Discard the ingredients of the marinade from the fish and begin to spoon the cornbread stuffing into the fish.
- Place toothpicks in the stomach of the fish to keep closed.
- Bake fish for about 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the fish.
- After fish is done sprinkle with parsley and serve slices of lemon on the side.
- Rice is optional serve on the side or prepare and stuff fish with it.
- -----Serving Suggestions------.
- Serve with broccoli steamed, asparagus with garlic and butter sauce, Caesar salad.