Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A fresh spin on corn chowder.
Make and share this Miss Stephanie's Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 -4 large carrots, chopped
- 1 -2 potato, peeled and chopped
- water, for boiling
- 3 -4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 3 -4 cups corn
- 1⁄2 cooked ham steak, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons flour, to thicken
- Put carrots, chopped bacon, onion, celery, and potatoes in large pot. Cover with water and boil until bacon is cooked through.
- Drain most of the water out. Add 3-4 cups 2% milk and stick of butter. Add flour to thicken. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add ham and cook for 5 minutes. Then add bag of corn and seasoning. Serve.