Chef #208121's Note:
Coastal Cooking with John Shields, 2004. This is a nice working recipe for crab cake not as fancy as the previous one but it has all the instructions and serves the same amount of people. If you wish the other feel free to google because others have placed it on the net.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons phillips crab boil seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 lbs lump crabmeat, picked over
- 4 slices white bread, crumbled
- vegetable oil, for frying
- soda cracker, for serving
- 1In a medium-size bowl combine the first 7 ingredients.
- 2Now gently fold in the breadcrumbs and the egg mixture being careful not to break lumps thenshape into 12 slightly flattened balls, chilling them for at least an hour.
- 3Fry by pouring oil into the skillet to a depth of about 1 1/2 inches. Heat the oil to 370° and fry the crab cakes, a couple at a time, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove with a slotted spatula to paper towels to drain.
- 4To broil:.
- 5Place crab cakes under a preheated broiler, turning to cook evenly, until nicely browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- 6Serve with soda crackers and tartar sauce.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miss Shirley's Eastern Shore Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 186.5 mg
- Sodium 761.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crab boil seasoning