Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Miss Sally is the oldest person (I think she's about 80) who lives in my building. I went to see her one day and she had the most amazing smell coming from her kitchen. Who knew that smell came from such an easy recipe!
- 2 cups Uncle Ben Ready Rice Buttery Rice (Uncle Ben's brand-this is one whole pouch)
- 1 (5 ounce) package Starkist lemon and cracked pepper tuna fillets (Starkist is great!!)
- 1 cup frozen broccoli floret, thawed and heated through
- 1 lemon
- fresh cracked black pepper (just set the mill on the table)
- Drain and separate the tuna fillets.
- Cook the rice in the microwave for 90 seconds as directed on the package. Heat the broccoli until hot and cut off any extra long stems and larger florettes into smaller pieces. Stir the rice and broccoli together and pour into a serving dish.
- Gently heat the tuna fillets until warm, not cooking till they're rubber. Arrange on top of the hot rice and broccoli.
- Cut the lemon into wedges and serve with the dish along side the pepper mill.
Good for a quick weekend lunch when you want something warm. I had mixed veggies in the freezer so I used them instead of broccoli.
I was browsing for something to do with my tuna for lunch and came across your recipe. It's so basic and still such a perfect combination! I'm snowed in, so I had to flavor my own tuna fillets and I used the brown rice I had in my cupboard. It was done in just a little over ten minutes! And you were right, my roommate agreed that it smells amazing:). Thanks, I'll definitely be making this one again!