Recipe by Mirj
It's the fruit topping that really makes this cheesecake special (and you thought it was Miss Piggy!).
Top Review by ElaineAnn
This is a great light cheesecake. i used POLANER Sugar Free Blackberry Preserves and 12 oz. of fresh blackberries. This was a breeze to whip up and put toether. Thanks for posting Mirj.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Nutrasweet (or equivalent in another brand)
- 3 tablespoons third less fat margarine, melted
- 20 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 6 ounces egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) jar fruit jelly
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the crust: Mix all ingredients and press into bottom of a 9- inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the filling: Mix cream cheese on high speed until fluffy.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating constantly.
- Add lemon peel and vanilla.
- Stir in egg substitute, 1/3 at a time.
- Pour over graham cracker crust.
- Bake for one hour.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Distribute spreadable fruit on top of the finished cake.
- Place strawberries topside down on top of the fruit spread.