- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup (drained)
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple (with juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Ignore the directions on the box cake mix and instead, in a medium bowl, add the cake mix, applesauce, eggs and mandarine oranges.
- Bake at the temperature on box and for the suggested length of time.
- After cake is cooled, combine cool whip with instant pudding and pineapple with the juice.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes and frost the cake.