4 hrs 30 mins
Jenny M's Note:
I've had the pleasure of trying this pizza on a couple of occasions & have been begging for the recipe ever since. Well, "Miss Lorena" finally passed it on and I thought I'd share it with all of you.....
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Pour yeast and water in large bowl.
- 2Stir and gradually add flour.
- 3Knead the dough.
- 4Coat the bowl with oil and pat on the dough.
- 5Cover and let rise (approximately 4 hrs).
- 6Heat oil in a large pot.
- 7Add onion and saute.
- 8Add the tomatoes, oregano and salt.
- 10Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low.
- 11Stir often.
- 12Once it starts to thicken, add brown sugar to taste.
- 13Once dough has risen, divide in half and spread out on 2 cookie sheets.
- 14Add grated mozzarella and toppings.
- 15Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miss Lorena's Homemade Thick Crust Italian Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (4413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1936.9
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 1578.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 336.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.4 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 60.7 g