Recipe by Jenny M
I've had the pleasure of trying this pizza on a couple of occasions & have been begging for the recipe ever since. Well, "Miss Lorena" finally passed it on and I thought I'd share it with all of you.....
Top Review by PetesNina
My family liked this crust. It certainly is thick. I had to use an extra cup of flour. It was still extremely sticky, but I did not add more. Neither did I let it rise 4 hours. I did let it go 2 hours and when it began to take over the kitchen, I divided it between two 16 inch pizza pans, topped it up and baked it. It took about 40 minutes, but that's my oven. I made my regular sauce, so this review is only for the delightful crust. Thank you for sharing!
- 1 package fast rising yeast
- 3 cups water
- 6 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- green pepper (whatever you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour yeast and water in large bowl.
- Stir and gradually add flour.
- Knead the dough.
- Coat the bowl with oil and pat on the dough.
- Cover and let rise (approximately 4 hrs).
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add onion and saute.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low.
- Stir often.
- Once it starts to thicken, add brown sugar to taste.
- Once dough has risen, divide in half and spread out on 2 cookie sheets.
- Add grated mozzarella and toppings.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.