Recipe by scfl76
So easy for so much deliciousness! This is especially refreshing during the worst of our southern summers. Don't get this too far from the refrigerator, though- the icing melts easily. The original recipe, from my mom's former co-worker, recommends using Duncan Hines cake mix.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for a 2-layer cake.
- In a separate bowl, mix condensed milk and lemon juice to make lemon filling. Reserve 1 cup of filling.
- Cool and split the two cake layers. Fill with lemon filling.
- Gently combine Cool Whip and reserved cup of lemon filling. Frost top and sides of cake.
- Keep refrigerated.