Recipe by Angelcook
My friend, Miss Linda Mayhood, gave me this recipe. Please try it. It is one of the best carrot cakes you will ever have.
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together oil, sugar and eggs until well combined.
- In another bowl add flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Beat together with the sugar and egg mixture.
- Add vanilla. Add carrots, walnuts, coconut and pineapple, mix until well blended.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 or 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degree for about 1 hour.
- Cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. If too stiff add a little milk or if not stiff enough add more powdered sugar.