Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother has been making this chili since I was a little girl. It has been adopted by our entire family and we all love it. It's better than any other for cheese and avocado lovers!
- 1 lb cooked lean ground beef
- 1 (26 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can ranch-style beans with peppers (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 6 slices American cheese (and/or)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 6 -10 avocados, 1 per person
- shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- saltine crackers
- In a large pot, combine cooked meat, beans, diced tomatoes, diced onion, and chili powder.
- Salt and pepper according to taste.
- Heat at medium heat for 3-5 minutes, then add sliced cheese and/or Cheez Whiz.
- When cheese is almost melted, reduce heat to low-medium and cover.
- Stir occasionally for about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice each avocado in half for each person to put in bottom on bowl.
- Serve with shredded cheese on top with saltine crackers.