Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are very similar to the steamed potatoes my mom 'Mimi' used to make in the cast iron skillet. I like to make these with any roasted meat - just put them all in the oven at the same time - set it and forget it !! I use Pyramid All Natural Mediterranean Salad Herb Seasoning for this dish - I find it on the spice aisle at the grocery.
- 1 lb red potatoes (peeled, rinsed, and very thinly sliced into rounds, about 6-8 potatoes)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mediterranean seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 11x7 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss potatoes and onions with garlic, oil, salt, pepper and Mediterranean seasoning in the prepared pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and roast until tender when pierced with a fork, about 45-50 minutes.
- NOTE: I imagine you could make these with other seasoning mixes such as Cajun, Greek, Italian, or 'regular' seasoned salt -- you may need to adjust the sea salt when using a different mix.
Wonderfully flavorful potatoes. I used two large yellow-fleshed potatoes (weight 1.2 lbs) which I didn't peel. I sliced them very thin as directed and diced the onion rather than slicing it. The seasoning used was Zesty Italian Dressing Spice Mix Zesty Italian Dressing Spice Mix. Made for Best of 2010 Tag
Absolutely wonderful! I sliced my potatoes very thin....about 1/8 inch thick. Also sliced my onions that thin. The potatoes were wonderful, although my onions did char and turn black at the 45 minute cooking time. This is a definite make again recipe.....delicious!
Really good potatoes. I used Herbes de Provence for the seasoning, and did not cover them. Very nice with a roast. Thanks for posting!