Recipe by FloridaNative
These are very similar to the steamed potatoes my mom 'Mimi' used to make in the cast iron skillet. I like to make these with any roasted meat - just put them all in the oven at the same time - set it and forget it !! I use Pyramid All Natural Mediterranean Salad Herb Seasoning for this dish - I find it on the spice aisle at the grocery.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
Wonderfully flavorful potatoes. I used two large yellow-fleshed potatoes (weight 1.2 lbs) which I didn't peel. I sliced them very thin as directed and diced the onion rather than slicing it. The seasoning used was Recipe#413362 Zesty Italian Dressing Spice Mix. Made for Best of 2010 Tag
- 1 lb red potatoes (peeled, rinsed, and very thinly sliced into rounds, about 6-8 potatoes)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mediterranean seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 11x7 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss potatoes and onions with garlic, oil, salt, pepper and Mediterranean seasoning in the prepared pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and roast until tender when pierced with a fork, about 45-50 minutes.
- NOTE: I imagine you could make these with other seasoning mixes such as Cajun, Greek, Italian, or 'regular' seasoned salt -- you may need to adjust the sea salt when using a different mix.