Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from my best friend, Lisa's mother. Miss Jean has served this potato salad recipe at EVERY summer gathering that I attended at their home for as long as I can remember. The flavors are so basic and simple, which is why I think I enjoy it so much. Very easy to prepare as well. Please be sure to use Miracle Whip and NOT mayonnaise, the flavor just won't be the same.
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with generously salted, cold water by about 1-inch.
- Simmer, covered, until just tender, about 15 to 30 minutes, depending on size of potatoes.
- In a colander drain potatoes and cool to warm.
- With a sharp knife peel warm potatoes and cut into ¾" cubes.
- (My friend's mom always boiled the potatoes whole with the skins on, and then peeled them warm, with a knife afterwards).
- Place cubed potatoes in bowl and fold in Miracle Whip.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Can add more Miracle Whip if salad looks dry.
- This potato salad tastes best if its allowed to refrigerate for at least four hours, or even overnight if possible.
This is probably the simplest potato salad I've ever put together, even after cutting the recipe in half! Absolutely loved the use of a sweet onion here! Another time, though, I'd like to make a small change ~ Use new potatoes & leaving the skins on! We do love those peels! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Recipenapped & made in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 23]