Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a cookbook called America's Favorite Recipes. I guessed at the time it takes to prepare this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl cream the softened butter.
- Gradually add sugar; beat well at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Then add the cream of coconut and vanilla, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after adding each egg.
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients; stirring well to blend all ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to creamed mixture stir well to combine.
- Then stir in shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart on a foil lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375* for 15 minutes.
- Cookies are done when they spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool cookies completley on wire racks.