Recipe by Dan-Amer #1
Miss Fannie Gregory was a character fondly remembered from my childhood. This is her version of this popular Southern dessert.
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 2 cups whipping cream, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon unflavoed gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sweet sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the gelatin in the cold water and dissolve in the warm milk. Mix the whites of the stiffly beaten egg with half of the powdered sugar. Mix the other half of the sugar into the beaten whipped cream. When the gelatin begins to thicken pour it into the whipped cream, stirring constantly. Fold in the egg whites and lastly add the Vanilla and sweet sherry. Put single servings in serving dishes and refrigerate until ready to serve.