Recipe by Psalm AKA Typo Qween
This is another recipe from the Anne of Green Gables cookbook, and the story is in Anne of Windy Populars Aunt Chatty is lamenting because Miss Ellen will never give it up!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, large
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour loaf pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter until soft, smooth, and fluffy. Add sugar a little at a time, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each egg.
- Stir in flour, salt, and vanilla with spoon. Mix well.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan and smooth top with spatula.
- Bake cake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hrs and test with toothpick.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Slide blade of metal spatula around edge of cake to loosen from pan. Turn upside down and gently lift of pan.