Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This rice is delicious and easy. Goes great with just about anything!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small green pepper, cored and diced
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Fry bacon strips in a heavy skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels, reserving grease in skillet.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Add onions, celery, and green peppers to grease in skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium, add rice to vegetables and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large baking dish and add 2 cups water.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil, then bake for 1 hour.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon.