Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another easy recipe for busy people. I guess you could call it a modern comfort food. You prepare it and leave it cook on its own .
- 4 chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- hot cooked noodles
- Rinse chicken well place in slow cooker.
- . Combine water and
- salad dressing mix, pour over chicken.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Shred chicken. Mix cream cheese and.
- soup until blended. Pour over chicken and cook 1 hour longer.
- Serve chicken over noodles. Easily serves six.
My family loves this dish, we have placed it in our Family Favorites cookbook. We have always used regular cream cheese instead of light because of personal preference and it has turned out perfectly every time.
Made it for a gathering at our local club for new member joining! Way to much liquid, I should of used regular cream cheese,because of it being the light type (always water added to made it LIGHT) in half or at least 1/3.Maybe 1/8 of a cup of water or no water at all! The chicken breast have plenty of moisture in them already! Added 3 different cheeses, 2 slices of hot pepper cheese, 1/3 cup grated mozzarella and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese across the top of the noodles and chicken!
This was wonderful. My only suggestion is to serve it with a salad or some steamed veggies. My husband made this dish as his second foray into cooking and it turned out great. Easy recipe with a lot of flavor.