Recipe by wjorma
Another easy recipe for busy people. I guess you could call it a modern comfort food. You prepare it and leave it cook on its own .
Top Review by natasha8694
My family loves this dish, we have placed it in our Family Favorites cookbook. We have always used regular cream cheese instead of light because of personal preference and it has turned out perfectly every time.
- 4 chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken well place in slow cooker.
- . Combine water and
- salad dressing mix, pour over chicken.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Shred chicken. Mix cream cheese and.
- soup until blended. Pour over chicken and cook 1 hour longer.
- Serve chicken over noodles. Easily serves six.